Saturday 11 August 2012

Introduction

My son Thomas and I plan to do the Coast & Castle cycle route over 8 days in August. The trip is about 220 miles, starts in Newcastle and finishes in Edinburgh. Thomas is 11 years old and although he is a very good cyclist, this will be by far his longest trip to date. Some of my best childhood memories are of the cycling holidays I spent with my father, so I really hope Thomas will enjoy our trip together.

I only really started the preparations about 3 weeks before hand, so the route was planned, the B&Bs booked, bikes serviced and all the gear organised very quickly. Let's hope I haven't forgotten anything!

We will average 30-35 miles a day and plan to visit lots of places along the way, including Lindisfarne (Holy Island). We have tickets for the Edinburgh Tattoo and will spend an extra day in Edinburgh (one of my favourite cities) at the end of the trip to do some sight seeing.

So this is the story of our trip.....

Gavin & Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment